Friday, September 7, 2012

THE LADY AND HER EXPECTATIONS 1 !!!


Yea, I’m back again, with practical and proven approach to a restful relationship.  So, I saw this picture this morning on one of my contact’s profile and it got my thinking.  Before I knew it, I felt the usual grip and I couldn’t get myself back until I picked my pen and book, so I write…

The question is, ‘is it right or wrong?’  Well, that’s not my aim on this note; I just felt a concern for that lady with this mindset who has turned it to her own standard of measuring her spouse’s commitment to her.
I do not disagree with the fact that we are in a world full of expectations; either expecting something from someone or someone is expecting something from us.  You would, however agree with me that most conflicts lies on the bedrock of a fall in our expectations. 

So, back to the article, “Every woman deserves a man that can keep all the promises her ‘ex’ broke”.  I believe what this sentence simply implies is that a woman deserves a good treat from her spouse. If this is all it means, then we are on course, however, not just a woman but also a man.  But I read more than that; I saw a framed standard in the mind of the lady guarded within the walls of her past experience, then this got me thinking. 

I became worried for the lady full of high and unrealistic expectations (most times we ladies are full of it) from her spouse, which led to the break-up in her previous relationship; and also to the “sweet-talking” man, who understands one of our (ladies’) weak points (we get carried away easily with words of affirmation). So, he keeps feeding her emotions with these “lies” all in the attempt to get her commitment.
  Therefore, the two wrong-motive-driven “fellas” hook up and the end is a failed expectation (disappointment).  So the lady comes up with the above and she says, she wants a man that will keep the promises the ‘ex’ broke; and she goes into another relationship with this same mind set, expecting a change.  I’m afraid!

Another thought went through my mind and this one is about us in our state of “insincerity”.  We freely and consciously move towards, and even walk into, the “fire”, and we expect God to quench the fire for us while we are in it.  We know that fire hurts, it brings pain, but we “gullibly” march into it in the name of our fleshy convictions.  The bible says we should not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers.  The man doesn’t believe in “No sex before marriage”, so why expect God to use you to kill this desire in him because you are emotionally attached to him. God save you, perhaps he did not sleep with you, but he started chasing the vulnerable ones, and you keep saying he broke his promise.  No! I disagree, he did not break his promise, you broke your promise to God; the man only displayed his nature (sin).  So you went ahead into another relationship with an unbeliever, and you expect him to keep the promises your “ex” broke. I’ll say you are about to re-write the same experience.

...to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment